The college offers the following two ‘NSQF’ (National Skill Qualification Framework) complaint UGC approved 3-year regular degree program under the semester system for vocational studies as mentioned below:
- B. Voc. in Retail Management: Given the lucrative career options in the Retail sector, B.Voc. (Retail Management) is considered a wise choice for students. After the successful completion of the programme, the students will be able to perform multiple jobs- roles like-retail manager, supply chain distributor, brand manager, departmental manager, merchandise manager, sales manager, store manager, etc. The programme is structured to suit Industry-specific requirements. The course is supplemented with adequate retail store visits and guest lectures by retail experts to enrich the knowledge of the students.
- B. Voc. in Hospitality & Tourism: This is a graduate-level program with the objective to provide adequate knowledge and skills related to Tourism, Travel, and Hospitality Management for employment and entrepreneurship. Curriculum details would include a suitable mix of general education and skill development which are designed for specific job roles in the tourism and hotel industries. The course includes content that equips the skill development component in the candidate. Each year includes practical as well as theory courses which impart appropriate and relevant knowledge of the industry. The candidate will be exposed to project work and on-the-job training in the industry so as to become ready to work in the tourism industry.
B.Voc. in Retail Management – 40 Seats
B.Voc. in Hospitality & Tourism – 40 Seats
Overall Experiences of the Programme
Bachelor of Vocational Studies has become one of the most popular courses in India as skill-based education is more significant in the current era. B.Voc aim is to provide adequate skills required for Hospitality & Tourism and Retail Management. Work experience & appreciation gained by our students during the OJT increases their chances of getting a good job. We are focusing on practical training Exposure.
- To provide multiple entry and exit options at various levels through program design in conformation to the skill ecosystem.
- To create requisite job role-specific skilled manpower for the industry at various NSQF levels as per NOSs (National Occupational Standards).
- To empower the youth leading to employment and income-generating opportunities.
- To provide a judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of general education.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit levels.
To integrate skill-based NSQF vocational studies with the undergraduate level of higher education in order to enhance the employability of the graduates and meet the industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the needs of local and national industries are also expected to be competent to become part of the global workforce