Rashtriya Uchchattar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) has been implemented from the academic session 2013-14 under which choice based credit system (CBCS) has been adopted. CBCS offers wide range of choices for the students to opt the courses based on their aptitude and career goal. With the implementation of RUSA (2013-14 to 2017-18), semester system was adopted. From the academic session 2017-18, annual system has been adopted. CBCS has enough horizontal and vertical flexibility for the students.
A candidate who has passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination can seek admission in the first year of three year degree course of B.Sc./B.Com/B.A. , if he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions given below:
- An applicant must not be more than 23 years of age (25 years for girl student only). The upper age limit is raised to 26 years for S.C. and S.T. applicants. However, in case of overage applicants, the Vice Chancellor, H.P. University may allow a relaxation up to six months.
- Admission of a student is liable to be cancelled in case he/she furnishes incomplete/false information or in case of concealment of facts. Disciplinary action can also be taken against such a candidate.
- Initially all admission shall be provisional and subject to the final approval by H.P.U.
- Rules of admission are subject to change as per the HPU notification issued from time to time.
- Admission is open for all the students on Roll on Basis who are otherwise eligible without waiting for the final result.