Govt. College Sarkaghat was established by Himachal Pradesh Government as a multi faculty, co-educational institute in the year 1985. Now, it has been renamed as Rabindra Nath Tagore Govt. Degree College Sarkaghat. Since its inception , it has progressively emerged as one of the leading institution of higher learning in rural area of Himachal Pradesh.
During these thirty two years of its existence, it has grown up as young premier institution of higher learning with strength of 2000 plus students on its roll and establishing high standards of human values.
This institution is situated among lush green sprawling ground and surrounded by the Chandrakri and Maseran small hills, presenting a nice view of sunrise and sunset. It is located two kilometer away from Sarkaghat town at the left bank of Sirkhad, which is one of the major tributary of Satluj river, originated from the holy Shiv Mandir of Sarkaghat. The college has wide open campus of about twenty acre along with right side of Sarkaghat-Shimla state highway.
Our vision is to become a preferred institute and a hub of academic and professional activities so that the students of rural background may have quality education at their door steps.
Our mission is to make students grow personally and professionally to their full potential. To inculcate in the students the right values, attitudes, skills and knowledge needed for success in life.
- To prepare students for academic and professional career.
- To enhance and promote excellence in teaching and learning.
- To encourage staff for personal academic growth.
- To encourage students to participate in co-curricular activities like NSS, NCC, Rovers & Rangers, Scout & Guides, sports and cultural activities.
- To build up an awakened society for the promotion of goodwill and faith.
- To create environmental consciousness among students, staff and faculty .
- To build infrastructure growth of the college and to make the institution as a centre of excellence.