Post Views: 1,582
Complete Notes as per Syllabus
Data Structure Schaum Series [C++ PDF Book]
B.Sc. PHYSICAL SCIENCE (PHYSICS, COMPUTER SCIENCE, AND MATHEMATICS)
COMP302TH: Data Structure and File Processing
Basic Data Structures: Abstract data structures- stacks, queues, linked lists, and binary trees. Binary
trees, balanced trees.
Searching: Internal and external searching, Memory Management: Garbage collection algorithms for equal-sized blocks, storage allocation for objects with mixed size.
Physical Devices: Characteristics of storage devices such as disks and tapes, I/O buffering. Basic File System Operations: Create, open, close, extend, delete, read-block, write-block, protection
File Organizations: Sequential, indexed sequential, direct, inverted, multi-list, directory systems,
Indexing using B-tree, B+ tree.
Data Structure and File Processing
Notes as per syllabus
- M.T. Goodrich, R. Tamassia and D. Mount, “Data Structures and Algorithms in C++”, John
Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2004.
- T.H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, R.L. Rivest and C. Stein, “Introduction to Algorithms”, 2nd
Ed., Prentice-Hall of India, 2006.
- Robert L. Kruse and A.J. Ryba, “Data Structures and Program Design in C++”, Prentice
Hall, Inc., NJ, 1998.
- B. Stroupstrup, “The C++ Programming Language”, Addison Wesley, 2004.
- D.E. Knuth, “Fundamental Algorithms (Vol. I)”, Addison Wesley, 1997.
- Data Structure Schaum Series [C++ PDF Book]