ADMISSION IS CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM (CBCS) UNDER RUSA (RASHTRIYA UCHCHTAR SHIKSHA ABHIYAN)
RUSA has been implemented from the academic session 2013-2014.CBCS offers wide ranging choices for the students to opt for courses based on their aptitude and career goal. The curriculum offered in the semester pattern spread over 6 semesters (3 years) include number of courses to accomplish a holistic learning experience for students. CBCS has a enough room for flexibility for horizontal as well as vertical migration of students.
Number of seats in all the major subjects for admission to B.Sc./B.Com/B.A. 1st Semester under CBCS is fixed. Hence the admission in the major subjects is purely on merit basis. Sixty seats in each Major subject based on merit as well as on reservation policy of the state.
A candidate who has passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination can seek admission in the first year of three year degree course of B.Sc./B.Com/B.A. , if he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions given below:
- An applicant must not be more than 23 years of age (25 years for girl student only). The upper age limit is raised to 26 years for S.C. and S.T. applicants. However, in case of overage applicants, the Vice Chancellor, H.P. University may allow a relaxation up to six months.
- Students coming from vocational streams can be admitted if they possess the required minimum percentage for admission.
- Admission of a student is liable to be cancelled in case he/she furnishes incomplete wrong/false information or in case of concealment of facts. Disciplinary action will also be taken against such a candidate.
- Initially all admission shall be provisional and subject to the final approval by H.P.U.
- Rules of admission are subject to change as per the HPU notification issued from time to time.
- Admission is open for all the students on Roll on Basis who are otherwise eligible without waiting for the final result. Roll on means the student who is seeking admission in B.Sc./B.Com/B.A. 3rd Sem. and 3rd year without waiting for declaration of previous result of previous class by H.P.U. The admission of such students will be regularized after declaration of previous year examination result who will be eligible as per H.P.U. admission rules. No admission will be granted after last date of admission.